Colder Water Chemical Usage

njmurvin

Since it turned summer, no one seems to be interested in climbing into the hot water when the nice, refreshing pool is just steps away ... I decided to save a bit on the power bill and lower the temp on my spa to the minimum. Combined with the Eco setting, I've pretty much eliminated heating my water in the spa. I expected to lower my power bill (which seems to just about offset the extra time the pool pump has to run during the summer). What I didn't expect was the practically zilch usage of chemicals. I test weekly and haven't had to add anything in about a month. I have a bromine floater and ozone generator (which does very little based on the Eco filtration which is 2hrs/day I think). Bromine levels are spot on as is pH. And the water level hasn't moved either. Even with the cover on, when the water is hot (my usual temp is 100), I lose about 1/2 to 3/4 inch per month. I'm sure my factory cover doesn't seal perfectly. Just to be safe, I'll change the water before fall/winter usage starts.