Circuit Board Fuse D1 Help

woodrob

I know very little about spas and even less about electricity so this is tough for me to take in.

But the heater and and one pump are working on my D1 2003 aurora. The tech came out and told me that the fuse needs to be switched out on the board and this is why the #2 pump isn't working.

The fuse is apparently hard wired onto the board and it can't be switched. He told me that the entire board had to be changed.

Does this sound right?

Although my spa is a different make than yours, I can tell you if you remove your access panel and then the cover for the electronics (make sure you disconnect power first at the breaker or GFI), a visual inspection will tell you if the fuse can be removed and replaced without tools or not. It is quite possible that the circuit board has a fuse that has to be soldered in place (I've been an Electronics Technician for 17 years).

If you're sure that the fuse is the only problem and this is not going to be covered under warranty, you may be able to find a local electronic repair shop that can change the fuse inexpensively. It's less than a 5 minute job.

Having said that, something caused the fuse to blow and it could be other components on the circuit board or just a temporary surge or load. A visual inspection can sometimes answer that question. Look for burnt components lifted traces etc. also, burnt electronics have an unmistakable smell.

Good Luck!