No Flow From Spa To Pool

Newtoblog

I am new to blog,

I have an in ground 15000 gal pool / spa combination. Pool is 6 years old and has been working well until recently. The spa and pool are on the same level and the spa has a positive flow that circulates water into the pool. I find that water is not flowing from the spa into the pool under normal operation. The spa works fine when placed in spa mode.

Suspect the spa bypass valve but would like some suggestions

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back on the blog sooner.

I went through many suggestions from my pool dealer that made sense

1) clogged jets

2)Broken or clogged by pass valve

3) Jandy valves not in proper direction

I finally was able to diagnose the problem as the jandy valve that is located on my pool and spa suction. I noticed that my skimmer kept working while I placed the system in spa mode which normally didn't happen before. When I removed the actuator from the valve the stem fell away in pieces. So it never fully closed and caused some suction from spa thus empting the spa.

I just replaced the diverter and O rings and it is working like new. Cost me $60 bucks and about an hours time including going to pick up new parts at my pool supply store. I was lucky that they were in stock