De Fiter Help

We just bought a new pentair DE ilter last year and its been nothing but headaches. My main issue is that it gets full in a day or 2. (pressure gauge climbs to like 20)n I'll open it up and sure enough, its all nasty and clogged to hell. We had the type with 4 lrg filter elements before,...kicking myself for bying this thing. ANy help as to why it clogs so quickly?

Are you using clarifiers or flocculants? You can't use those products with DE filters since they will clog up too quickly with those chemicals (and such chemicals are generally not needed, especially not when you have a DE filter).

• 2 weeks later...

If your swimming pool is compatible for other pool filter, then I will suggest you to replace your DE filter in filter cartridge. I must say you will never face this problem again. Just check and let me know that your swimming pool is compatible for filter cartridge or not. If yes, then go to filters4less.biz and place your order for filter cartridge.