Sundance Altamar Flo Issue... Help Is Appreciated!

ksteak

Hi! Went out to my 2002 Sundance Altamar hottub today and saw the FLO alert flashing and the 2-speed pump running on low. Shut off the breaker and cleaned the filter to see if a clog was causing it. Restarted (without the filter) and the FLO alert came on about 5-10 seconds after turning the power back on, so it doesn't seem to be a filter issue.

The high-speed pump and air bubbles work fine. The 2-speed pump jets are not blowing hard and I hear a gurgling/airy sound from the tube that leads to the lounge jets. Each time I power the hottub back on, the FLO error comes on within seconds. The opening where the hot water normally comes out is BARELY flowing when the low-speed pump is running. From poking around on forums, it seems like the flow switch and circulation pump seem to be common culprits.

Any ideas of what I should do first? Thanks much!

You may have any of a number of problems, but I'd start by checking for crap in the impeller of the circ pump and the affected jet pump. IIRC, the 2002 Altamar shuts down the circ pump when the two-speed motor is running, since it also pushes water first through the circ pump, then the heater and finally the flow switch on its return to the tub. A noticeably reduced flow when the jet pump is on low usually means an obstruction and the obstruction will be found in the suction side of the circ pump or the suction side of the two-speed jet pump 99 out of 100 times. One good test is to manually shut off that jet pump, wait about 10 to 15 seconds and see if the flow is better once the circ pump is activated. If it is better, your problem is with the jet pump.

John

Hi! Went out to my 2002 Sundance Altamar hottub today and saw the FLO alert flashing and the 2-speed pump running on low. Shut off the breaker and cleaned the filter to see if a clog was causing it. Restarted (without the filter) and the FLO alert came on about 5-10 seconds after turning the power back on, so it doesn't seem to be a filter issue.

The high-speed pump and air bubbles work fine. The 2-speed pump jets are not blowing hard and I hear a gurgling/airy sound from the tube that leads to the lounge jets. Each time I power the hottub back on, the FLO error comes on within seconds. The opening where the hot water normally comes out is BARELY flowing when the low-speed pump is running. From poking around on forums, it seems like the flow switch and circulation pump seem to be common culprits.

Any ideas of what I should do first? Thanks much!

in the bottom of the filter area do you have a intake and did you have the skimmer sock over the filter in take? is it still their?turn the spa off take out the filter plug the filter intake at the front of the spa with the spa drain cover you may need to give it a couple of wraps with tape with the water fall open take a shop vac to the other filter intake and try to vac out the sock otherwise drain the spa and pull the circ pump the vac way may take a few tries it dose work i have done this good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi all
any final solution here?

Have a similar problem.

Flo is flashing, jet pump 2 is running ot cool the pool down I assume.

Can not press any button any more

Changes Flo Switch, testet it also with ohmmeter.

Testet circulation pump, is ok.

I have the problem only when sun in summer is shining on the spa. it is running without any problem in the winter

looks more like a temp problem.

Any hints?

Thomas