Mold Floating On The Water

Hi I just found this web site and in need of advice on what to do about the mold floating on the water. I have been gone and came home a month later and there is mold floating on the water. So I check the pool and add spa shock and bromide and stain remove and clartifer to see if i need to drain it and wash it out and refill with water. Do I need to do this to correct the problem or something else. Thank you for your time John

Please post a full set of test results and a description of what the mold looks like.

Also list the actual chemicals you added (for example-- not spa shock, which does not tell us much. We need to know if it is MPS or dichlor or cal hypo--all three are sold as "spa shock").

Also how many gallons, normal water temperature, surface (fiberglass, acrylic, vinyl, plaster) do you keep it covered, pump/filter, etc would be useful.

Without this information we have no clue as to what is happening in your water.

Also, is this a pool or a swim spa?

The spa shock is (hth) shock ,n swim added 2 cups Calcium hypochlorite. 1200 gals. 89 is the temperature.Yes it covered and inside a exceise room in a building.Yes it run all the time set at 89̊ . there is two 5 hp motors. two floating bromide units. this is a swim spa. thank you village. It look a little better today. like foam floating on it now, I think i should add some foam stuff now?

• 1 month later...

The spa shock is (hth) shock ,n swim added 2 cups Calcium hypochlorite. 1200 gals. 89 is the temperature.Yes it covered and inside a exceise room in a building.Yes it run all the time set at 89̊ . there is two 5 hp motors. two floating bromide units. this is a swim spa. thank you village. It look a little better today. like foam floating on it now, I think i should add some foam stuff now?

I think the key in this whole thread is santiser, you said you "came home a month later" which would suggest there has been no free santiser in you spa.

Read the sticky posts on spa maintenance, in the chemical section and they will assist you better, I personally would advise dumping the water and carrying out a Decontamination as detailed by chem geek.

Regards

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone! please post a full set of test results and a description of what the mold looks like without it I would not say anything!! :rolleyes:

The test results had been posted 4 posts back and I have already asked for a full description of the mold in the second post in this thread. It is obvious and has been aready stated that low sanitizer levels and high santizer demand are the problem.