New Upgraded Circuit Board And Now Pump 2 Wont Work.

My old hot tub circuit board was a balboa 51049. The heater would not heat and I determined it to be a relay was not working on the old board. My old board is discontinued and the new upgraded model is a balboa M2/M3 52518. The heater now works but pump 2 will not work. The wiring schematics are here. http://www.spacare.com/productimages/pdfmanuals/Balboa/M3_Wiring.pdf

http://maaxcollectionhottubs.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/03/1992-1993-Horizon_Spectrum.pdf

The hot tub is a Coleman Horizon 400 and the schematic is on the 2nd to last page/pg 25. I got a new topside panel as well so that shouldn't be the problem. Pump 1 works fine and is a 240v 2 speed however pump 2 has only 3 wires (White, Black, Green) so I assume its 120. I hooked the new board up the same way as the old board. The only thing that I can see is that the old circuit board schematic has the pumps white wire goes to the relay bar and the new one has it on a tab by the heater, so essentially it looks like the wires are switched. The white wire is also hot with 120v going through it unattached to the relay bars which I find that strange from what I know about electricity. I do not have a neutral on the hot tub as the old circuit board did not need one. I know the pump works because if I attach it to the white wire of the 240v pump, it will turn on. Anyone have suggestions? Should I add a neutral as the new schematics calls for, switch wires or any other suggestions?

pump 2 is likely 240v also. You have 4 wires on pump one because it's got two speeds. A single speed pump, whether it be 120 or 240, will only have three wires.

The white wire is a probably a "common" wire, which means in 240v applications it will always be hot, supplying 120v at all times, to complete a separate 120v circuit which together make 240v.

The schematic is useless. Can you take a few pics?

Thanks for the terrific pics :)

Does the white wire on pump2 high on the circuit board run straight to the pump receptacle?

Is the fuse for pump 2 good?

And last, but not least, are you certain pump2 is plugged into the correct receptacle? (I know it's a dumb question, but it's a mistake that's too easy to make, lol)

The only white wire that corresponds to pump 2 is the one on the bottom. The first top wire is for the spa lights, the next two for the ozonator, next is the black one for the blower, Next 3 is for pump 1 and the bottom wire is for pump 2. There is an additional slot for pump 2 if there were a black, red, and white. I tried swapping the blower motor wire and the pump wire hoping to get the pump to work but no success. The only way that I can get the pump to run is putting the white pump 2 wire on the white pump 1 white wire, and I think that shuts off pump 1. The fuse is also good because I can run pump 2 off pump 1 white wire and I have tested the fuse. Lastly the wire that's from the pump goes directly into the circuit board so I don't think it could be a receptacle mistake.

From the pic, it looks like you have two fuses- one for each pump. If I'm looking at it correctly, they're right next to eachother, I'm assuming the front larger ceramic fuse is for pump one, and the rear smaller ceramic fuse is for pump two. You say "the fuse" is good, are they both good?

Maybe I wasn't clear on how I'm asking, I'll try again. Does the white wire connected to "pump 2 red" on the PCB go directly to the pump two female harness on the bottom of the control box, where the pump two cord plugs in?

So I solved the issue. I went back and looked at the schematics. I moved the white wire coming off pump 2 and put it on screw labeled for pump 2 black wire by the relays. I then took the black wire that was attached to the ceramic fuse and moved it to the red line on the tabs like schematics show on the m2/m3 board. What I assume was happening was that both black and white wires were hooked up to the same power feed (Black) due to a small difference between the two different boards. If you want to see photos I can provide, if my description has left you confused. Thank you very much for your time and help.