Jandy Flow Sensor Replacement A/p 1400

Rfdong

I read through the whole post on no flow, cell reversing etc. I have a 3 yr old system so I took my water into pool store salinity correct temp seems correct, but I still have intermittent no flow even though I cleaned cell and sensor a week ago. I'm convinced the sensor is bad but as one last thing is it worth recalibrating flow sensor? And how do you do it? Press button on circuit board while system running? For how long?

Also noted new sensors have a small circuit board attached while my current plugs directly (cord) into the circuit board, do you need to install the board? Or will plug disconnect and I plug directly into my existing as it is now? Thanks in advance

Rob

I would try calling Jandy first. Be ready to be on hold a long time!!! The flow sensor most likely is failing. They know about the problem with them. The new flow sensor (Tri-Sensor) comes with a Tri-Sensor Adapter that plugs into the front board, then the sensor cable plugs into that. The adapter board has a calibration button on it. After you install it, let it run for at least 4 minutes and then hold the little calibration button for 5 seconds until the flow light lights up.

You should have received instructions with the new flow sensor and daughter board on how to calibrate the new sensor.

If you didn't.

Turn the pump and A/P 1400 on and wait for the "wait" to disappear from the display (about 4 min). Notice a small light on the daughter board near a small button. Push and hold the little button on the daughter board, the little light will go out. Continue to hold down the button till the light comes back on. At that point, the sensor should be re calibrated. I have had some cases where i needed to do this more than once before the unit would work again.

Note: Some of the new daughter boards were shipped with the old style sensors (white epoxy) and will probably fail (not fact, just experience). Black epoxy sensors seem to be the most durable at this point and should be used.

I went ahead and replaced and all seems fine. The salinity did read low salt code 144 but I retested at pool store and it was ok (3200ppm at store, sensor was reading 1700ppm) so I recalibrated according to the troubleshooting manual someone posted. All seems well, we'll see. Thanks for all the advice the sites given me!