'08 Metro Sundance Spa - Fl1 Error Code

Jason733

I have a '04 Metro Sundance Spa. There is a FL1 error code flashing. I recently replaced the filter so the filter is clean. I also stuck a hose to bleed any air locks. I'm trying to determine whether i need to replace the flow switch or circulation pump. I opened up the panels and the circulation pump is not on, i also dont feel any water movement through the flow switch. (it's the older pvc model so it is opaque and i can't see inside) Is there a way I can test before I replace the flow switch or take apart the circulation pump to try and clean it? The heater doesn't turn on, obviously because there's no flow and the flow switch is off. If the flow switch is bad does it automatically shut the circulation pump off? Please help, otherwise, I will start with the cheaper route and replace the flow switch first. Then move on to the circulation pump.

*correction: I have a 2004 Metro Sundance spa

If you have a volt meter you will want to check for voltage at the back of the pump. Pressing the temperature down arrow one time should reset voltage to the circulation pump on that model. If there is voltage to the pump and it is not working or if it is very very hot to the touch, you would want to start with replacing the circulation pump. Hope this helps!

Backyard Pool & Spa

Gastonia, NC 28056