Help! Heater High Limit Thermostat Tripped On Caldera

talmaet

I have just gotten a used tub = Caldera Kuaui. It showed a flashing "temp" light and then went to The "heater high limit thermostat tripped" symbol within the first hour of running it in new location.

Help??

Is there any flow coming out from the circulation pump? It comes out of a small "jet" down near the footwell.

It may have air in the line and if so you would need to bleed it out.

I have just gotten a used tub = Caldera Kuaui. It showed a flashing "temp" light and then went to The "heater high limit thermostat tripped" symbol within the first hour of running it in new location.

Help??

Is there any flow coming out from the circulation pump? It comes out of a small "jet" down near the footwell.

Thanks! I just went back out to check what you wrote. I had turned the circuit breakers off after the total frustration of an afternoon of trying to set it up... So, I turned them back on when I went out. I opened the cover and saw some air bubbles come out of that small jet in the footwell. I hadn't done anything but plug it in. I then turned on the jets and it ran... and a "soft" flow came out of that hole. NO four blinking dashes anymore and it didn't turn itself off. Yeh! But, the temp light is still flashing??

Help??

Thanks! I just went back out to check what you wrote. I had turned the circuit breakers off after the total frustration of an afternoon of trying to set it up... So, I turned them back on when I went out. I opened the cover and saw some air bubbles come out of that small jet in the footwell. I hadn't done anything but plug it in. I then turned on the jets and it ran... and a "soft" flow came out of that hole. NO four blinking dashes anymore and it didn't turn itself off. Yeh! But, the temp light is still flashing??

Turn the breakers off again for about 20 seconds and turn them back on.

Wait about 1 minute and check to see if the temp light is still flashing. (it may or may not flash for a few seconds before that) As long as the filter is clean and the circ pump is working properly then you will need a new pressure switch if it is still flashing.

Help??

Try pulling the filter also to increase circ pump pressure.