Hot Error Code On Hydro Spa 2007

docelav

I have a 2007 Hydro Spa Essence. The circuit board is an HS 2000 Mach 3 S/N 55013-01. I recently replaced the heater assembly approx. 2 months ago and my spa has been working great. Recently I checked it and the topside panel displayed "h o t"(without the quotations) and that's a code I have never seen before. None of the topside controls were responsive so I turned the main breaker off and turned it back on after several minutes. The same code appeared with the topside buttons showing no response. I turned the breaker off for several days and powered it up again to see the same message. It will not go into priming mode (Pr) or respond in any way. I talked to tech support at Hydro Spa (Premium Leisure) now and he told me to replace the circuit board. I asked if there was anything else I could try to power the hot tub and he said No. I have seen different codes before but never the h o t code. Can someone please guide me as to my next course of action. I will replace the circuit board if that is what must happen. Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

The "HOt" error code means that the board has picked up a potential stuck or sticking closed pump relay. The error can only be cleared by booting the spa in "test mode". WARNING! - If the relay is still stuck closed there is a possibility that both high and low speed pump winding on the pump will be energized at once which could destroy the motor. This is the point where, being a responsible technician, I am hesitant to guide you further. We do handle this type of board repair.

Brandon