Jetsetter Jj Blinking Red And Green

wildblue

I have a 2006 HotSpings Jetsetter. It was making some odd clicking noises last night, and the control panel almost looked like it was just constantly restarting. After resetting the breaker, it looked like it was ok, even ran through a cleaning cycle. Today though, the red and green (powe and ready) lights are blinking, alternating back and forth.

I removed the circ filter and tried just setting the 20 amp like you would at setup, after 10-15 seconds they both start blinking again. I do have bubbles coming out of the drain. Any ideas of what the lights mean and what to check?

Well.... I guess disregard for now :) I tried the hose down the stand pipe to see if maybe something was stuck, and I ended up testing the pressure switch to see if maybe it was bad. Somewhere along there I either knocked something loose or reseated something that wasn't supposed to be loose.... and now it's running fine again. Very strange.

.... and it stopped working again. Broke down and called a service guy out. He just jumped the pressure switch and said it shouldn't do it again. I guess I could have done that, but when I tested it, it seemed ok. I guess my question is, is that ok to do? I'm assuming the hi limit would trip or something before it melted down. That just seems like not a good idea to bypass a safety feature like that.

GAH! This is frustrating....

Let it run for awhile after service guy left, everything's spiffy. Went ahead and closed up the compartment and screwed the cover caddy back on. About an hour later, blinking again. Little different this time, the whole control panel would go dark like it was restarting. Could hear some relays clicking every time it did it. Shut everything down, gave it about an hour, turned the 20 on and ran the jets for ~ 15 minutes. Put the 30 back on and after about 5 minutes it tripped again. Looking at the control board, the green 'li ok' led would come on for a second, the red 'htr on' MIGHT come on, then they'd both go dark, click click, repeat.

Measuring the thermistors, I get 5.8 and 5.9 - which seems to match the chart I found for the temp. It's running at the moment, with the heater actually on. I expect it to trip and start blinking before too much longer.

So to wrap this one up - I hope. Tech came back out and ended up unplugging the two wires that come off the LED light assembly to the control board. It's been running fine now for a couple days.

In all my searching, I don't think I found anything that suggested unplugging the stupid lights. I guess I should have tried it, being a computer guy that's one of the things you do when you can't figure something out - unplug anything not necessary. I even found the SpAudio threads, but nothing on the tub lights causing it. So, if anyone happens to have this problem in the future, try unplugging the lights :)

I don't feel like spending $250 on a replacement light assembly, considering I don't even know if it's something there or actually the control board and I don't use it that often.. If anyone has some suggestions of a place to find a cheap/used light to test it with or what to look for on the light's PCB...

Would like to give my local Hot Springs dealer/service some props - they didn't try to sell me a bunch of parts or even charge me for the return trip. The tech actually apologized for not trying the light thing the day before. Really happy with their honesty and fairness. I didn't buy the tub from them... I haven't bought anything from them. That will probably change because of that service guy :)

• 2 months later...

Aaaaaand we're back :)

Started shutting down again with the blinking red / green. Ended up replacing the circ pump because it was original, and "...would need replaced eventually" It's STILL doing it. Is there anything else I should look for? Is there something on the main board that would shut things down if IT got hot? When it starts doing the blinking, I can power cycle it a dozen times and it goes right back to blinking. If I take the cover off the box that houses the circuit boards, it will start up fine the next time I power cycle it.