Vita Spa Allure - Jets Not Working After Drain And Refill

Good Afternoon everyone. This is my first time owning a Spa, second time posting.

So I bought a house with a Vita Spa Allure, this is the first time that I've drained the spa completely. I disconnected to Spa from the main power source and drained it entirely. Now I refilled it, headed to my local spa store and did a chemical test and am setting it back up for the first time. I reconnected the power and everything looks good. However the Jet's that were working before are no longer working. I am not sure what it could be. I've reset the device, I have not performed a hard reset yet.

Has anyone else had similar issues in the past? Any ideas for a new spa owner?

The local shop charges 125$ just to come out and then an additional 75$ per hour. I'm afraid to give them a call because the hottub is sunken into the deck, you can walk below the deck to see the bottom of the tub without problem however it doesnt appear easy to get into the thing to perform any maintenaces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Let it sit for a day or so and it will probably be ok. What you have is an air lock in the plumbing. If you dont want it to sit or wait, locate the pump and with the power off, loosen the connection at the pump enough to allow the air in the system to escape, then, seal back up and ;et her rip!

Thank you for your reply. I've let it sit for a day so far and the rest of the pumps wont engage, just the one pump at the feet.

I wish there were some diagrams that showed the pump location, etc and I would do that. I'm going to look to let the air out.

I did read that when you refill a spa you should fill with the filter to prevent the airlock you speak of. Thanks a ton! I've attached two images, so I plan to losen the pumps at the unions, but what are those other plastic pieces with the steel and knobs coming out? I turned them and it didn't look like anything happened but I have no idea what they are.

2012-05-23%2012.54.52.jpg2012-05-23%2012.55.00.jpg

turn the breaker off, pull the handles out, and put something on them to keep them open (slice valve keeper etc....). the two that are pushed in would definitely keep your tub from running right. These are isolation valves used to close off the water in the event you want to remove a pump etc..., turning them does nothing, they are an IN and OUT valve. In is closed off, out is run position. Put the keepers on because with age, they will suck shut and shut your tub down.