Pump Recommendation

Four years ago I got great advice here and ended up getting a pentair inteliflow variable speed pump. Great energy savings by running at 1000 rpm and am the envy of the hood.

I'm now building a new house and pool and would like to know the current recommendations on pool pumps. I must say, I usually only run my pump on 2 speeds - slow and fast for cleaning. The question I have, would I be just as well served with a 2 speed pump. My new pool will be a pool spa combo and may have solar panels on the roof.

I know very little about solar heating but assume I'd have to run a variable speed pump on a higher setting to pump through the roof panels. For how long does one run the water through the panels? If it's for a long time aren't I better off just getting a single speed pump?

Any input would be appreciated. How many hp should my pump have for a 13K gallon pool. I know some pool guys have a one size fits all mentality.

Thanks,

Badger