(July 17, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo - - - - -

Green Pool Drianed

Posted by MichaelF, 28 July 2010 · 697 views

Hi I just drained my pool as it has not been running for a 2 month's, I live in south Florida. I would like to know what is the best way to clean it now that it's empty. It has a diamond brit finish that is 10 years old? I cleaned it back in 2005 with a presure washer, we this hurt the fininh?

If this is an inground plaster style swimming pool you have a couple of options. If the pool was sitting GREEN for a while then the plaster is probably stained. If this is the case, you can consider acid washing the plaster to get rid of most of the staining. This will strip a very small layer of staining from the plaster. When you refill the pool make sure that you start to balance the water chemistry immediately. Ensure you have a good, clean pool filter too. If need be, change out the filter grids with brand new ones, this will really make life easier for you. Try a online pool supplies store to the better pricing.
Pressure washing might help, it just depends on how long the pool has been sitting with green algae in it. I would strongly recommend having a pool service company come by and give you some first hand advice and estimate so you are not faced with additional problems.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
14 15 1617181920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

website security