Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Finally.... My Sunpeak spa is working. I found that the spa was plumbed incorrectly from the manufacturer. I had both pumps going into the diverter valve causing a back flow problem which was causing the impellers to break. I think they need to work on their quality control at the plant.

I had to get a proper drawing of the correct plumbing, then once I cut the pipes and spliced the PVC it all works. They did send me the hardware.

I would have made the spa tech fix it but I was tired of waiting and wanted it done.

My concern was voiding the warranty but they said it wouldn't so I took the risk and did it myself.

Now that its working its all good. :wub:

The Jets are very powerful and there is a ozone system in it.

CCDALLAS

COSTCO IS MONEY HUNGRY....Bond you gave me an idea.

Omega Chronograph Speedmaster Broad Arrow Automatic Men's Watch is 3700 at Costco and I just found it on Amazon.com for 3500...and watchesonthenet.com, and EVERYOTHER ONLINE WEBSITE I COULD FIND, sells this watch for 200 less then Costco. Now with all Costcos buying power, wouldnt the same product be less expensive? Or do you think the billions of dollars they spend in overhead must be covered by more then just a membership fee?

Now since we can't compare spas that Costco sells to other dealers this shows you that even with a membership fee to costco I can buy the same product cheaper. Does that make sense? No.

I can buy a spas with the same features as costco anytime I like....there is a company out there called ****** Spas (I work for em all the time so at last moment I decided not to bash em)...they suck, but customers love thinking they buying a 10000 spa factory direct for 5000. Really they just buying a cheap spa. If you read all the posts I have seen 3 customers have to do work on there own spa multiple times to get it working. Most major brands have a quality control which wet tests every spa before it goes out...this costs money from water costs to labor costs, but anyone else thinking its probably a good idea to spend the extra money so when someone lugs this spa into there backyard it works...considering you are more then likely lugging it in yourself unless you pay another 300+ dollars.

COSTCO IS MONEY HUNGRY....Bond you gave me an idea.

Omega Chronograph Speedmaster Broad Arrow Automatic Men's Watch is 3700 at Costco and I just found it on Amazon.com for 3500...and watchesonthenet.com, and EVERYOTHER ONLINE WEBSITE I COULD FIND, sells this watch for 200 less then Costco. Now with all Costcos buying power, wouldnt the same product be less expensive? Or do you think the billions of dollars they spend in overhead must be covered by more then just a membership fee?

Now since we can't compare spas that Costco sells to other dealers this shows you that even with a membership fee to costco I can buy the same product cheaper. Does that make sense? No.

I can buy a spas with the same features as costco anytime I like....there is a company out there called ****** Spas (I work for em all the time so at last moment I decided not to bash em)...they suck, but customers love thinking they buying a 10000 spa factory direct for 5000. Really they just buying a cheap spa. If you read all the posts I have seen 3 customers have to do work on there own spa multiple times to get it working. Most major brands have a quality control which wet tests every spa before it goes out...this costs money from water costs to labor costs, but anyone else thinking its probably a good idea to spend the extra money so when someone lugs this spa into there backyard it works...considering you are more then likely lugging it in yourself unless you pay another 300+ dollars.

you can't return that watch you found though. that is worth alotY ou can compare your watch to Costco but it has to be online versus their store.

Which Costco spa are you refering to in your comparison to your store? Costco carries many brands.

What spas do you sell and at what price that is equal or better then what Costco offers? specifically the Sun Peak spa?

When I sold spas, my objective (as well as my staffs), was to educate the consumer on what to look for and help them make a purchase that was right for them within our line. There was no high pressure or bashing the competition, but rather an hour + of education on the key aspects of buying a spa.

For most, it's their first time buying a spa and the reality is that they require help with this purchase and they are grateful regardless of whether or not they buy from us. There's a nice feeling associated with providing that for consumers and not just pushing a product to make a few bucks and undercut the competition by selling junk.

I would ask as many questions as my potential customers would in order to fit them into a spa within their budget and personal desires. We sold 400 spas a year this way and that same store has now been in business for over 27 years.

We sold upward of 60% of our spas based on referrals due to the way we conducted business and our knowledge.

Now enter Costco... other than a "return policy", what can I expect to learn there? You don't have to answer as I already know the answer very clearly based on personal experience many times in Costco. That was my earlier question on the comment of their "sales approach" which I had a good laugh at thank you very much! :lol: They don't have one...

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Costco and spend a good % of my income there every year. I just know better than to buy a spa there but not everyone has the insight that I have gained by being in the industry this long and knowing better.

Steve

your reply on them being more money is you can return it? Try they mark up everything like everyone else does...but same as a watch, if im comparing the omega costco sells (which is 200 more then anyone else) to a 49.99 timex sold by a company I think has less markup I would be wrong. SAME THING WITH INFINITI. I have sold well over 20 different tubs, have worked on over 50 different tubs, I have been in the business since high school. Costco buys cheap tubs to sell for cheap, hense I will be working against HydroSpa this weekend and they are going to KILL me in price, the same way Costco does...less margins or crappy tub...still a crappy tub

I took my wife's eliptical trainer back to superstore. My small framed wide broke a large bolt that connects the pedal to the foot plate. The nice lady look at me and said contact the manufacturer. Seems like everything breaks these days. Superstore did give me my money back once I made it clear that I wasn't just going to let this go. I'll tell you one thing I'll never buy anthing like this from there again. Costco's is bound to have some items that cost more. This is where a shopper has know prices and know what happen when it breaks. Chances are it will break if it has parts made in China or will be recalled for lead paint.

I took my wife's eliptical trainer back to superstore. My small framed wide broke a large bolt that connects the pedal to the foot plate. The nice lady look at me and said contact the manufacturer.

Seems like everything breaks these days.

Because you wanted is for less :rolleyes:

John 104 degrees

My wife would have loved a ring from Costco, they have some really nice ones. As a matter of fact the ring I got her had to be specially made and then two months later guess who was carrying a similar one, yup Costco and no one else had one else had one even close.

Anyway I was just giving everyone my experience, if you hate Costco fine, but I believe they have good deals on many things and I believe this tub is one of them. I contacted Infinity about my handrail waterfall valve leak and they said they would send someone out ASAP but I said I would fix it myself. They said they didn't mind and if I couldn't fix it let them know. I notified them of this at 8:00 a.m. and they had called me by 11:00 a.m. I think that is pretty responsive, I have dealt with many companies that you never hear back from and I wouldn't recommend them.

So far this has been a pleasant experience and the tub is working great.

• 7 months later...
I'm considering getting a Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa. Is there anyone that has one of these or have heard anything on them?

It looks like a pretty good deal. They are having a sale on them $2999.99, shipping is included.

Thanks for any information.

Here are the specs.

*Seats: 6

*Pearl shadow acrylic

*Maintenance free synthetic cabinet-gray

*High-density foam insulation

*Double-sided Artic wrap insulation

*Neck, shoulder, & foot jets

*Interchangeable water jets

*Standard jets: 45 (stainless)

*Master massage jet: 1 (stainless)

*2-6hp GE pumps

*Ozone

*9 LED color changing light

*Comfort cushion headrest

*Handrail waterfall

*Deluxe cover: 4" - 2" taper

*5.5 KW heater

*(220V, 50 Amp GFCI breaker required

*Capacity (approx):350 gallons

*Dimensions: 78" x 84" x 36"

*Dry weight: 750 lbs.

*Filled weight: 3250 lbs.

Warranty:

10 years on structure

5 years on surface

5 years on plumbing

5 years on parts

1 year on labor

Customer Service:

Call 1-800-460-7798 ext. 221 8-5 Eastern Time or lbrown@infinityspas.net for questions on materials, workmanship, warranty, replacement parts, installation advice or assistance

I bought the Infinity Sun Peak spa last summer from Costco, not knowing anything about them besides enjoying the one on my balcony (more than the ocean) at the ocean front home we've rented the past two years. My lack of knowledge about spas combined with the fact that I'm a single mom who wasn't sure I'd want one long term if maintenance became a hassle, bought from Costco knowing I could and would return it, if I didn't like it or I changed my mind.

They delivered it 30 days after ordering, calling me the night before delivery. I asked the driver 'how much to put it on the patio pad I had poured for a future hot tub earlier that summer. He said $150, which was fine by me. Within 30 minutes these delightful gentlemen had it up my 500' driveway and on my patio, unpacked. The headrests were missing, they wrote this exception on the shipping documents and gave me the number to call to get quick action. I received 2 sets within a week. A few days after filling I noticed a slight amount of water from a very small leak. Infinity arranged a local spa repairman to come from a spa service company that has been in business since the early 1980s, located just down the road in town. He repaired the leak and showed me how to remove the airlock I had on one of the pumps. He was very helpful and checked out the tub thoroughly, asked where I bought it and then asked if I minded if he asked how much i paid, I told him $3,000 plus an extra $150 total to the truck driver and a his helper. He thought I got a great deal and that although it was a simple unit, it would do what I hoped and should be trouble free. He said the bells and whistles were what keep him in business in the long run.

Well, it's 9 months later and I have had no problems, other than an airlock because I forgot to fill the spa through the filter. It is simple to clear the airlock with the butterfly handle on the pump, easy to reach and in an obvious place, everything has functioned perfectly through the winter, and I use it daily, and just refilled it for the third time. I love it, the jets are adjustable and strong. I never use the lights preferring to relax naked in the dark while looking at the stars. The heater works great and keeps the water temperature steady even when we're in it for an hour or more on cold nights (teens and 20's). If it broke down today, I'd still feel it was a great buy and wouldn't be disappointed. The cover keeps the heat in well, and I haven't made any alterations to the spa. My electric bill was only slightly ($8-10) more than last year, but since my son is now at college, and I don't have his computers, stereo, tv, WII, etc. running so the spa is costing more, but since my monthly electric budget bill is only $118 and includes the spa, an 80 gal hot water heater and electric kitchen, who cares.

I can't help but mention that the expenses that spa buyers should also budget for is the cost of the electric to run the unit. Fortunately, I pulled the permit, my son did the install up to the breaker box inside our basement, total distance was 125' and wire ran through conduit in concrete. Best estimate from local electrician was $2,300 (one was $2990) including everything. Our cost for materials was around $600, plus I paid the electrician $300 to finish connections to spa, spa breaker, and main house breaker. The electrician tested everything and checked our work, so it was well worth paying him. I was not enthusiastic about $2300 for the electric service and glad my son was willing and able. I enjoyed working with him on it and it took us about 4 hours. (8 hours work). In addition, you must consider where you will place the spa, mine is apart of a huge tinted stamped concrete multi-level patio that I paid extra to have footers in the tub area as well as 4,000 lb psi concrete used, and 1/2" rebar every foot. I don't like cracks!

Anyway all is well with the spa, and I will update if I have any problems with it in the future. Since this Infinity Sun Peak spa is now on sale again at Costco for the same price, I imagined that potential purchasers would be looking for a review from an owner, and that is why I've posted. This spa has been a treat, and I'd buy it again.

• 1 month later...
I ordered the Sun Peak On July 2nd and it was delivered a little over a week ago. I have seen 3 issues so far, all of which are panel install problems and none a total show stopper.....but for those who did order the spa to keep in mind.

1st..The side marked "Electrical hook up" or something like that, needs to have the entire panel taken off and not just the interior screws. It appeared to us that only the middle needed to be removed. 2nd..the panels are not well constructed and should be handled gently. 3rd..screwing the panel back in is not an easy task as the metal brackets used to connect the frame are in the same area(in fact the screws went in between the gaps in the brackets) and getting the screws back in was difficult.

Operationally, the tub has worked great. We had some friends over who have owned tubs and they are amazed at the variables for different settings the tub has. The jet strength is strong and adjustable and jets positionable. I have only had it for a week, but so far so good. I would like to keep the post going for the owners to keep in touch for issues that may arise.

Happy Tubbing!!!

P.S.

For the side converstaion about Costco and quality...both arguments hold true. Costco sells an overwhelming majority of high quality products and absolutely stands behind them. That does not mean that a few don't get by and I am willing to bet they discontinue any item that is not up to snuff. With that being said, this tub is no longer available...I am wondering why?

Almost 1 year later, and we too are purchasing a Sun Peak. Was just wondering what you think of it now and also how much has your electric bill increased?

Thanks

I bought the Infinity Sun Peak spa last summer from Costco, not knowing anything about them besides enjoying the one on my balcony (more than the ocean) at the ocean front home we've rented the past two years. My lack of knowledge about spas combined with the fact that I'm a single mom who wasn't sure I'd want one long term if maintenance became a hassle, bought from Costco knowing I could and would return it, if I didn't like it or I changed my mind.

They delivered it 30 days after ordering, calling me the night before delivery. I asked the driver 'how much to put it on the patio pad I had poured for a future hot tub earlier that summer. He said $150, which was fine by me. Within 30 minutes these delightful gentlemen had it up my 500' driveway and on my patio, unpacked. The headrests were missing, they wrote this exception on the shipping documents and gave me the number to call to get quick action. I received 2 sets within a week. A few days after filling I noticed a slight amount of water from a very small leak. Infinity arranged a local spa repairman to come from a spa service company that has been in business since the early 1980s, located just down the road in town. He repaired the leak and showed me how to remove the airlock I had on one of the pumps. He was very helpful and checked out the tub thoroughly, asked where I bought it and then asked if I minded if he asked how much i paid, I told him $3,000 plus an extra $150 total to the truck driver and a his helper. He thought I got a great deal and that although it was a simple unit, it would do what I hoped and should be trouble free. He said the bells and whistles were what keep him in business in the long run.

Well, it's 9 months later and I have had no problems, other than an airlock because I forgot to fill the spa through the filter. It is simple to clear the airlock with the butterfly handle on the pump, easy to reach and in an obvious place, everything has functioned perfectly through the winter, and I use it daily, and just refilled it for the third time. I love it, the jets are adjustable and strong. I never use the lights preferring to relax naked in the dark while looking at the stars. The heater works great and keeps the water temperature steady even when we're in it for an hour or more on cold nights (teens and 20's). If it broke down today, I'd still feel it was a great buy and wouldn't be disappointed. The cover keeps the heat in well, and I haven't made any alterations to the spa. My electric bill was only slightly ($8-10) more than last year, but since my son is now at college, and I don't have his computers, stereo, tv, WII, etc. running so the spa is costing more, but since my monthly electric budget bill is only $118 and includes the spa, an 80 gal hot water heater and electric kitchen, who cares.

I can't help but mention that the expenses that spa buyers should also budget for is the cost of the electric to run the unit. Fortunately, I pulled the permit, my son did the install up to the breaker box inside our basement, total distance was 125' and wire ran through conduit in concrete. Best estimate from local electrician was $2,300 (one was $2990) including everything. Our cost for materials was around $600, plus I paid the electrician $300 to finish connections to spa, spa breaker, and main house breaker. The electrician tested everything and checked our work, so it was well worth paying him. I was not enthusiastic about $2300 for the electric service and glad my son was willing and able. I enjoyed working with him on it and it took us about 4 hours. (8 hours work). In addition, you must consider where you will place the spa, mine is apart of a huge tinted stamped concrete multi-level patio that I paid extra to have footers in the tub area as well as 4,000 lb psi concrete used, and 1/2" rebar every foot. I don't like cracks!

Anyway all is well with the spa, and I will update if I have any problems with it in the future. Since this Infinity Sun Peak spa is now on sale again at Costco for the same price, I imagined that potential purchasers would be looking for a review from an owner, and that is why I've posted. This spa has been a treat, and I'd buy it again.

We are expecting our Sun Peak Hot tub to arrive in a couple of days, so thanks for the review. Electrical man is coming today, the estimate we got was between $500-$700 only. Our panel is in an unfinished basement and is about 50 feet from the tub. We live in Vermont, and hope that our electrical bills in the winter aren't too high.

Do you have to install a new breaker panel? Was just curious what parts you had to buy.

Thanks

Do you have to install a new breaker panel? Was just curious what parts you had to buy.

I did all the electric work myself for my Infinity Spa. Is your $600 quote for final hook-up only or for the whole job?

As far as parts, I purchased:

• a 60-amp breaker for my main circuit panel
  • 50 feet of #6 AWG jacketed cable with ground to go from my main circuit panel to the spa disonnect
  • A 60-amp spa disconnect panel
  • 40 feet each of #6 AWG individual conductors for the 2 hots, neutral, and ground (black, red, white, and green).
  • a few 10-foot lenghts of Schedule 40 1 inch PVC and associated 1 inch connectors
  • a six-foot length of 1 inch flexible conduit (LiquidTite)

The biggest costs were the copper (about $300 total) and the disconnect ($125)

4 conductors times $0.89/ft * 40 feet and $2.89/ft for 50 feet of the jacketed cable.

I got everything from Home Depot except for the LiquidTite which I got at a local electric supply house. HD only carried 3/4" flexible tubing.

Total cost for parts was approximately $500-$600.

A few pictures of my installation can be found at this link.

Good luck.

Ken

We are expecting our Sun Peak Hot tub to arrive in a couple of days, so thanks for the review. Electrical man is coming today, the estimate we got was between $500-$700 only. Our panel is in an unfinished basement and is about 50 feet from the tub. We live in Vermont, and hope that our electrical bills in the winter aren't too high.

hello Vt!!

Were are you in VT?? we have close friends living in Londonderry - but i am in NY.

Question for you - Biz,

How long after the email of shippment did they contact you? Did the delivery company confirm a delivery date yet?? Do they give a choice of days or is - "we will be there tomorrow"..type of thing??

Also... did you check how much to put it in your backyard - or are you waiting till they show up to negociate?? How much will you offer?? How far from your drive does the tub have to go??

Please keep us posted about your delivery- We order ours May 2.... and can't wait!!

thanks to all the people - like Ken & Sandi... we will be getting a great tub and doing the work ourselves!!