Is Full Foam Maint. A Problem

mendon31

I service every brand of spa. I am an authorized service center for, Master, Vita, Cal, D1, Marquis, Emerald,

if it has Balboa I know it, if it has Brett I know it. If its in the midwest I probably know it. I am a service consultant for several dealers in my area. I have worked sales and was good at it. If you have ANY service questions I can answer them without bias.

Also I want to apologize for getting "caught up" in the argument, thats not what this forum is for, I have no excuse. I'm sorry.

That being said, I am unable to promise that I won't get caught up again.

As my wife once told me, "its easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission" so I'm sure that I'll be asking forgiveness again

Thank You

DOC, You forgot profesional spa /hottub litigation witness!

If you want to be unconfused, then you need to get a copy of my book. You need to read the information at

http://www.xxxx.com/

Most readers consider it to be a "breath of fresh air" compared to the nonsense from spa sales guys.

No Jim this kind of advcertising is forbidden here but you do it anyway?

My Webpage

There you will find the truth and truly great products or try ]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm doing a lot of research for my purchase. Thermospa and Coleman claim that my maintance and repair bills will be higher with a full foam insulation. I live in Michigan, gets freezing cold often. I have read that the difference in energy conservation is minimal. Is the other type of layered insulation any less on the repair bill. Is it in fact any less on the electric bill than the full foam? Is the other type of insulation recommended for my area? Or would I be asking for trouble? I have a hard time believing that a dealer could sell these models in my area if they weren't ok. for freezing weather. And...... does anyone have an experienced opinion on the thermospa maintanance and repair service? Thanks, for any and all help.

Man! all you did was ask a few simple questions.

TBK.

If you want to be unconfused, then you need to get a copy of my book. You need to read the information at

our home page.

Most readers consider it to be a "breath of fresh air" compared to the nonsense from spa sales guys.

Jim, I thought you were banned from this site?

Anyhow, anyone reading this should replace the above quote of "breath of fresh air" with "insane ramblings of a disturbed spa salesman"

more like:

"It was the best of insulation; it was the worst of insulation."

Now Now, Jim has refraimed from these boards for a long time and if we want to keep it that way lets not harras the man behind his back and expect him to not retaliate. Go to his forum and antagonize him. He is allowed his feelings towards the other brands and sales staff whether it is right or not does not matter. And as long as he keeps it to himself and on his little forum it is a good thing for all of us to not have to argue everything the man says. Besides we have Brulan to argue with now. :D

His absence is probably helping his sales and image for those who meet him over the internet.

Now Now, Jim has refraimed from these boards for a long time and if we want to keep it that way lets not harras the man behind his back and expect him to not retaliate. Go to his forum and antagonize him. He is allowed his feelings towards the other brands and sales staff whether it is right or not does not matter. And as long as he keeps it to himself and on his little forum it is a good thing for all of us to not have to argue everything the man says. Besides we have Brulan to argue with now. :D

His absence is probably helping his sales and image for those who meet him over the internet.

I have attempted to address his statements on his privately run sales board, but despite his statements of "Everyone is welcome, as long as you don't advertise, or use profanity" refuses to post my comments.

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest berkshires

have repaired a whole lot of spas from many different manufacturers. Any time you have to fix a leaker

its a pain, with the exception of equipment leaks, its not that bad on ff spas. people will lead you to believe that a 1 hour repair on a non-ff spa will take 10 hours on a ff spa.its simply not true. A qualified, experienced service tech ,like myself, can usually find and fix any leak fairly quick.

is there really such a difference in full foam vs not full foam. Especially on time till freeze ups cause problems.

I have a vacation house, not there all the time, and i am worried about that aspect of buying a spa.

Guest berkshires

A question that always goes unanswered in these never ending debate is why, what most consider to be leaders in the industry are all full foam makers, Yes there are also some well made TP style spas but what will always make up the majority of lists, Brands like Hot Springs, D-1, Marquis, Caldera, Sun dance, Jacuzzi are all full foam thses guys have the money and the R&D departments to switch to TP if they really found the benefits and no matter what someone who buys spas from someone else and than sticks their name on them might say. Those makers who offer FF and TP styles always have an extra charge to do FF so do not let someone who has a very difficult time separating fact from his own self serving ego let you say it costs more to do TP. As it has been mentioned here both will work well but it is the scare tactics that many TP salesmen try and sell people on that brings the heat out in this debate.

I have been spending way too much time for the past four weeks trying to decide what type of spa to get, specifically, which technology is superior. I will say, the argument that all the big players use full foam must mean its the best is the weakest argument. I can tell you for certain that just because"everybody does it this way"does not necessarily mean its the most efficient, or most intelligent method.

That said, I am still frustrated, and confused. I have read as much as I can, talked and visited hot springs, caldera, saratoga, sundance, and arctic. I have to say that arctic had the most professional "looking" cabinet, but i am not just buying a cabinet. my home is a vacation home in the berkshires. The weather can get pretty cold, and I am often not there for two or three weeks at a time. The key issue for me assuming the spa is comfortable, and the power of the jets is good is one of a power failure if I am not there.

What do I do. I have read the discussions/arguments, and I continue to be confused. Any light than anyone can shed would be greatly appreciated.

Research the manufacturers.

Watkins makes Hot Spring and Caldera. Owned by Masco, publically traded home improvement giant. Hot Spring is the only manufacturer to be named Consumers Digest Best Buy every time they did a survey. Watkins is an ISO 9001 manufacturer, an international standard that basically means they say what they do and do what they say.

Hope this helps a little. :)

I have been spending way too much time for the past four weeks trying to decide what type of spa to get, specifically, which technology is superior. I will say, the argument that all the big players use full foam must mean its the best is the weakest argument. I can tell you for certain that just because"everybody does it this way"does not necessarily mean its the most efficient, or most intelligent method.

That said, I am still frustrated, and confused. I have read as much as I can, talked and visited hot springs, caldera, saratoga, sundance, and arctic. I have to say that arctic had the most professional "looking" cabinet, but i am not just buying a cabinet. my home is a vacation home in the berkshires. The weather can get pretty cold, and I am often not there for two or three weeks at a time. The key issue for me assuming the spa is comfortable, and the power of the jets is good is one of a power failure if I am not there.

What do I do. I have read the discussions/arguments, and I continue to be confused. Any light than anyone can shed would be greatly appreciated.

Of the 5 spas you have shopped so far 4 of them are great spas, I personally don't think the sarratoga is in the same league as the others. so now all you have to do is wet test all 4, and go with the one you like best.

If you have a Coleman dealer by you I highly suggest you take a look at them. Gavalume steel frame, Thermal lock insulation, very compfortable seating and zone therapy.

If you have a Coleman dealer by you I highly suggest you take a look at them. Gavalume steel frame, Thermal lock insulation, very compfortable seating and zone therapy.

Wood frame will out last a steel frame any day. Ask any modern day sailor of a steel ship what they spend all their time doing at sea, chipping and painting rusting steel. Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson fought the battle of Trafalgar in october 1805, his ship HMS Victory is still in one piece in Portsmouth England to this day, oh, and it's made out of wood.

Wood frame will out last a steel frame any day. Ask any modern day sailor of a steel ship what they spend all their time doing at sea, chipping and painting rusting steel. Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson fought the battle of Trafalgar in october 1805, his ship HMS Victory is still in one piece in Portsmouth England to this day, oh, and it's made out of wood.

You are out of your mind son! hehe Ask any modern day sailor if a building would stand up as long as it does if it were made out of wood (empire state building). wood, termites and water condensation rots the wood and leaves tubs bottoms fallen out when the spa is taken away. YOu will not see that with steel my friend.

You missed the point I am in no way saying because the bigger makers use Full Foam that makes it better. What I am saying is that they could do either and choose to do Full Foam. If they had found in their research TP style to be the better way some if not all would go that route.

You are out of your mind son! hehe Ask any modern day sailor if a building would stand up as long as it does if it were made out of wood (empire state building). wood, termites and water condensation rots the wood and leaves tubs bottoms fallen out when the spa is taken away. YOu will not see that with steel my friend.

I am not your son. I was a sailor for 23 years. I sell a wood frame spa. I have seen 27 year old wood frame spas that are solid as a rock. Steel rusts...Fact. Fact Fact

I am not your son. I was a sailor for 23 years. I sell a wood frame spa. I have seen 27 year old wood frame spas that are solid as a rock. Steel rusts...Fact. Fact Fact

argghhhhhhhh me laddy. Did you see the new pirate movie, it was rated RRRRRR. hehe Listen sailor you cant RRRRRRgue that wood lasts longer than steel. :rolleyes:

argghhhhhhhh me laddy. Did you see the new pirate movie, it was rated RRRRRR. hehe Listen sailor you cant RRRRRRgue that wood lasts longer than steel. :rolleyes:

Yes you can argue wood last longer than steel. Do an experiment Brulan, your young you have time. Set a piece of 16 Ga. steel outside on the ground. Set a piece of cedar outside on the ground next to it. The steel will almost be gone in a couple years while the cedar with be aging gracfully. You do not understand and are trying to push to us the fact that steel will last longer than wood and if the steel was 1 inch thick like a bridge pillar you would be correct, maybe, still a wood piling treated in creasote would give it a run for the money. But we are not talking 1 inch thick steel we are talking 16 gage super thin steel, not much thicker than tin foil up against treated lumber. I'm here to tell you, longevity of either type (even though in my opinion wood will out last 16 gage) will not be the issue in the spa wearing out.

Brulan.....I am on my second 16 gage grill on my deck outside, the last one rusted out. The deck looks great though.

Yes you can argue wood last longer than steel. Do an experiment Brulan, your young you have time. Set a piece of 16 Ga. steel outside on the ground. Set a piece of cedar outside on the ground next to it. The steel will almost be gone in a couple years while the cedar with be aging gracfully. You do not understand and are trying to push to us the fact that steel will last longer than wood and if the steel was 1 inch thick like a bridge pillar you would be correct, maybe, still a wood piling treated in creasote would give it a run for the money. But we are not talking 1 inch thick steel we are talking 16 gage super thin steel, not much thicker than tin foil up against treated lumber. I'm here to tell you, longevity of either type (even though in my opinion wood will out last 16 gage) will not be the issue in the spa wearing out.

Brulan.....I am on my second 16 gage grill on my deck outside, the last one rusted out. The deck looks great though.

hmmmm steel or graceful wood hmmmm