02 Tablets/Activator user experience. Good alternative for CL Tabs? Lower cynuric acid levels?

Hi All 

I'm after user experience of 02 tablets/activator as an alternative to CL multifunction tablets. 

Cant use Bromine due to skin reactions 

The Cl tabs are good but it's sending my cynuric acid levels through the roof in only a few weeks plus a extremely high ph source water means a very frequent use of ph reducer/dry acid after every water top up which doesn't help. Plus keeping CL levels higher than normal to keep good water balance isn't ideal. 

I'm also Asthmatic with sinus problems so have to be careful what I use.

Im after a tablet form that gives a good residual disenfectant but helps keep cynuric acid levels at bay. Would this be a good alternative? 

Are 02  tablets the same as active oxygen? As both seem to have very different reviews? 

Plus how do you test for Oxygen as currently using a photometer & test tablets I'm guessing I need an alternative methord? 

Cheers in advance for any advice or alternative suggestions. 

I can't answer your  main question. I don't know what O2 is, but I will say that the only approved sanitizers are chlorine, bromine and biguanide.

I would recommend that you try the dichlor then bleach method which is posted in the sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum. Bring your CYA level up to about 30 ppm, then use bleach. It wouldn't hurt to do a purge, drain and refill, then start fresh.

• 4 weeks later...