GFI keeps breaking

I have a 2002 Tiger River Sumatran spa. The GFI started tripping ever so often then tripping all the time. The power stayed on when I disconnected the lead to the heater, knowing my spa was so old I bought a Laing Infinity heater. To my surprise the breaker is still tripping. I'm getting 115 v at the heater's terminal and about 15 ohms. What could be the problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I hope someone can give me some advice on this cuz I'm running out of options. Previously my GFI was tripping when the heater was hooked up so naturally I thought the heater was bad. I bought a new Watkins No-Fault to replace my old one. I still experienced GFI tripping. I pulled my heater control panel and I didn't see any shorts. So I assumed it was my control and hi-temp thermistors, replaced them and now my GFI is not tripping but the "Ready" indicator light is blinking indicating the hi-temp sensor is malfunctioning. Do you think it is my main control board?