Sn And Dy Error, How To Fix

superskid

I have a beachcomber hot tub that has a balboa circuit board, model VS612 (I think)

We haven't really been up to date on our hot tub chemistry so yesterday I decided to drain the hot tub. I flipped breaker off, drained with a sump pump and then used a shop vac to get rid of all the excess water. Then I refilled the tub and turned the breaker on.

The displays shows PR to prime, but does not make any sound at all (can't remember but I thought it did when priming) After a couple minutes the display just shows "--". Then after a couple more minutes it starts flashing SN and the temperature back and forth. The manuals says this means they are out of sync and to let it go for an hour to see if something needs to be replaced; however, after a couple more minutes it displays "dy" which means the pump is dry.

I have opened the bleeder valve both with the breaker off, and flipped it on with both cracked exact same thing. So is it this SN error that is not allowing the pump to fire up and prime. Seems very strange it would happen exactly after draining the hot tub. Could I maybe have put the shop vac over a hole I shouldn't have?

What is my next step?

Thanks,

You'll get the SN error code if there is a difference of two or more degrees between the sensors. Are there DIP switches on your board? If so, move number 1 into the ON position. This will put the spa in test mode and give you a reading of both sensors. You'll see something like A = and B =. Now swap the sensors around by unplugging them and switching the connector around. If A was reading higher before the swap, then B should now read higher. If so, switch out both sensors. If A continues to read higher after the swap, then you probably need a new circuit board.

That's odd. I'm assuming the blown fuse was the 25 or 30A slow blow which protects your pump. You should have gotten a flow code instead like FLC, FLO, or LF.

I'm not familiar with the VS612 but other VS packs I've seen had the fuses on the PCB. There are usually 1 or 2 large Amp fuses and some low Amp fuses for the transformer and light.