Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anssec66

Sta-Rite Heater Not Working

4 posts in this topic

My Sta-Rite pool heater isn't working correctly. I turn it on, it turns on lights and heats for about 4 minute. Then it stops heating and a service heater light comes on. There is no error light coming on, on the back of the heater. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad

The symptom sounds like a High Limit tripping. Its either failed or functioning as expected and something is causing the trip like a blocked water path. I would lean towards the latter as these heaters have proven to be very reliable.

The blockage may be the internal water bypass in the manifold. When they wear out, they can keep the heat exchanger from getting an adequate water supply. The temp slowly rises and trips one of the High Limits. This would be the first place I looked.

Scott

Today, I ran it again. I read in the manual that there are red led lights behind the control panel. I am getting an AGS light coming on. That is the Automatic Gas Shut-off switch. Should I just take a shot in the dark and replace the switch. Its $40 with shipping online and the worst is I would just have to wait a week to see if that fixes it. Any ideas?

Brad