Got It Narrowed Down

D.A.

I have been out wet testing the last two weeks, and know what I want! I tested a HS Grandee, Sundance Optima, Artesian Grand Cayman, and a Jacuzzi J470. The only two I liked were the Artesian and the Jacuzzi. (I love the Jacuzzi) My question is on the price. I was quoted $10,800 plus tax on the J470, which includes the usual steps, lifter, cover, and delivery. Does that sound about right? I am in Austin, Texas! Another question is about the clear ray that they use....does anyone know much about it? Thanks!

Clear Ray is a water purification system. It is basically a natural ultraviolet light used to sanitize water. Within seconds of the water entering the tub, it is sanitized.

And yes, that quote sounds like a good price. Enjoy the tub!

Natural Ultraviolet light is incapable of sanitizing water of the volume in a hot tub. Already sanitized water via other means and it may maintain sanitation. But add any bathers and again, incapable of the nessasary sanitation. Is there some other chemical used in the clear ray system?

Eh...its just another bell and whistle (so to speak)...you can look at it as either something that will keep your water cleaner or something ELSE that could eventually fail and need servicing. Reminds me of working on German cars...yeah, VW's are cool but its always the little things that annoy you when they break.