My Ph Is Low.. Help!

So I am a newbie pool owner. My pool is an above ground (not permanent) 4,000. I don't really understand about the chemicals and what I need to add and how much. Pool has only been up a few weeks and only used 2-3 times due to it raining everyday for the past week or two. So far I have just been using half a bag of shock and 1 inch chlorine tabs. Here are my current levels

TC: 1

Bromine: 6

pH: 6.8

TA: 40

Stabilizer: 50

So since the pH was low, I bought some Aqua Chem pH up. I followed the directions and added 8oz. I added it about 5-6hrs ago and have had the pump running ever since. I just went back out to check it and it was still 6.8. What else do I need to do to bring it up? Should I add more pH up, if so how much? Would Borax or Baking Soda be better to add since the TA is low too? If so, much of it do I add. I am kind of on a tight budget so which ever method is cheapest and easiest. Thanks so much for any advice. If you need additional information, ask and I will provide what I can.

So I am a newbie pool owner. My pool is an above ground (not permanent) 4,000. I don't really understand about the chemicals and what I need to add and how much. Pool has only been up a few weeks and only used 2-3 times due to it raining everyday for the past week or two. So far I have just been using half a bag of shock and 1 inch chlorine tabs. Here are my current levels

TC: 1

Bromine: 6

pH: 6.8

TA: 40

Stabilizer: 50

So since the pH was low, I bought some Aqua Chem pH up. I followed the directions and added 8oz. I added it about 5-6hrs ago and have had the pump running ever since. I just went back out to check it and it was still 6.8. What else do I need to do to bring it up? Should I add more pH up, if so how much? Would Borax or Baking Soda be better to add since the TA is low too? If so, much of it do I add. I am kind of on a tight budget so which ever method is cheapest and easiest. Thanks so much for any advice. If you need additional information, ask and I will provide what I can.

As waterbear noted here, "pool test kits only test pH in the range of 6.8 to 8.2. What are you testing pH with?" My guess is that your pH is lower than 6.8 - if you're using tabs, you're using trichlor, which is very acidic. Add more pH up (soda ash) ASAP until your pH is 7.0 - 7.2. Pool water with a pH below 7.0 can damage pump seals and vinyl liners. Once your pH is above 7.0 try to maintain it between 7.2-7.8. Stop using trichlor tabs! You can easily sanitize a 4,000 gallon pool with generic, UNSCENTED 6% laundry bleach from a local Walmart, Target, grocery store, etc. Consult the pool calculator to determine how much bleach to add to maintain a free chlorine (FC) level of 2.0-4.0 ppm. Keep a few jugs of bleach in a cool dark place and you should be set. The most important thing is to immediately raise your pH above 7.0.