• Announcements

    • webmaster

      Missing Posts   09/21/2016

      We are aware some posts are missing. This is due to our server upgrade. You will need to re-create any posts you have made that are missing. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therubberduck

What The... Dichlor/bleach?

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2010 HS Jetsetter with ozone. I recently switched to the dichlor/bleach method. Used dichlor for 2 weeks. Last night I shocked to 10 ppm chlorine with bleach. Checked FC today and it was .5 ppm. Is this normal, shouldn't I have a max of 50% chlorine demand. Is the ozone doing this?

BTW, I'm using a Taylor Test Kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things:

How old is your fill water?

What was your chlorine demand at the beginning of the fill?

Sounds like you are at 95% chlorine demand. Your tub is likely contaminated. I would recommend following nitros decontamination procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things:

How old is your fill water?

What was your chlorine demand at the beginning of the fill?

Sounds like you are at 95% chlorine demand. Your tub is likely contaminated. I would recommend following nitros decontamination procedure.

or you may have had a lot of CC, High chlorine demand does not always mean you need to decontaminate. If you do not use enough chlorine for your personal bather load and chlorine demand, over the week, the CC will build up, this is when the chlorine is working on oxidizing, not sanitizing, giving a low free chlorine reading. What was the CC reading. Shock it again to 10 and see if it comes back to normal, or you can try MPS to shock with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things:

How old is your fill water?

What was your chlorine demand at the beginning of the fill?

Sounds like you are at 95% chlorine demand. Your tub is likely contaminated. I would recommend following nitros decontamination procedure.

or you may have had a lot of CC, High chlorine demand does not always mean you need to decontaminate. If you do not use enough chlorine for your personal bather load and chlorine demand, over the week, the CC will build up, this is when the chlorine is working on oxidizing, not sanitizing, giving a low free chlorine reading. What was the CC reading. Shock it again to 10 and see if it comes back to normal, or you can try MPS to shock with.

Thank you for that info HHT. THats not something I would have considered in a similar scenarion. Its nice that you are helpful and knowledgeable and can offer up some experienced insight into these situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0