Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poliziano

Obsolete Pool Light: Now What

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I hope you guys can help with the issue I have.

I am the proud owner of a pool that was built in 1975 (Anthony pool). The original light now is gone beyond repair. I need to replace it but I am told that this specific light/lamp is now obsolete and not in production anymore. Unfortunately the time has made model and number of the light completely unreadable. All I have is the niche where the light was housed.

What is left for me to do? Have the niche re-carved in order to fit a new light? Is there another, less drastic solution?

Has anyone ever experienced the same problem? Your input is welcome. Thanks!

Perhaps an "Alladin light ring" may fit in that niche.

Perhaps an "Alladin light ring" may fit in that niche.

Thanks for the reply.

A Google search also gave me this result: "The Original Swimquip Pool Light - The Workhorse of the Industry

The original Swimquip Pool Light. Millions installed all over the world, The Sta-Rite fits most old Anthony pools underwater lights. Light measures 8-1/2" outside dimensions. (1960-1990)"

A close friend of mine has an Anthony pool w/ Anthony light - 25 or so years old. A few years ago, we found that on his pool, the only difference was the threads on the niche. We retapped the threads & a standard light fit fine. He currently has a Hayward Colorlogic LED light that fits & works fine.