Can You/someone Re-dip Old Pillows In Spa?

AMG

Someone once told me that if your pillows are still in tact and have no holes through them or corrosion of the interior, that you could have them re-dipped (if that is the right term) and then they will have a nice surface to them again, for lots less than new pillows. New pills are about $60 a piece (I have 2) and mine simply are not as dark as they once were and have lots of wrinkles in them. Should I just buy new ones or is there some service out there that specializes in this for cheaper?

Someone once told me that if your pillows are still in tact and have no holes through them or corrosion of the interior, that you could have them re-dipped (if that is the right term) and then they will have a nice surface to them again, for lots less than new pillows. New pills are about $60 a piece (I have 2) and mine simply are not as dark as they once were and have lots of wrinkles in them. Should I just buy new ones or is there some service out there that specializes in this for cheaper?

We buy the spray on dip. It's a plastic coating for your tool handles. You can buy it at a hardware store, usually in black. Look where the regular spray paint is sold.

Dry out the pillows and spray on the dip. One good coat is enough. Let them dry for a day or two (depends on the weather) and they'll look like brand new!

If your spa cover rubs on the tops of the pillows it probably won't last long, otherwise we've had ours for over a year and they still look perfect.

We also moved a spa we sold a while ago and had spray dipped the pillows - they still looked perfect as well.

Hope this helps!

Very interesting idea. My pillows are usable, they just have wrinkles in them. I may go look and see what colors I can get. I may check a more commercial contractor place to see if they have more colors. If it doesn't work out how I want, I can always buy new ones. Thanks for the 411.

We buy the spray on dip. It's a plastic coating for your tool handles. You can buy it at a hardware store, usually in black. Look where the regular spray paint is sold.

Dry out the pillows and spray on the dip. One good coat is enough. Let them dry for a day or two (depends on the weather) and they'll look like brand new!

If your spa cover rubs on the tops of the pillows it probably won't last long, otherwise we've had ours for over a year and they still look perfect.

We also moved a spa we sold a while ago and had spray dipped the pillows - they still looked perfect as well.

Hope this helps!