• Announcements

• webmaster

Server Move   09/20/2016

Hello! We are now in the progress of updating the server where PoolSpaForum.com resides. During this move, there will be a loss of some recently made posts. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we create a better technical environment for your favorite Pool and Spa forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobm

Quiet Hot Tubs

4 posts in this topic

i was wondering what hot tubs would be the quietest to purchase,as noise would be a factor in me buying one over the other.

i was wondering what hot tubs would be the quietest to purchase,as noise would be a factor in me buying one over the other.

When the spa is open and the pumps are running they're all about the same I would imagine. If your question is relative to when the spa is not operating and is closed then the difference becomes in a spa that uses a circ pump ruining 24/7 which is not really even audible versus one that uses a 2-speed pump for filtering 6 hrs per say (or so) on low speed which creates a humming noise that is usually not an issue but can be if outside a bedroom or on a deck or in a few situations. Have the dealer show you what the spa sounds like while filtering, that will tell you about all you need to know.

I have also found that even when the cover is off and the pumps are running they are reasonably quiet. It is when air is introduced the noise is a lot more, probably due to the turbulance. I then just turn the stereo up :D Also as Spatech says a 24 hour circ pump is so quiet you will not even notice it running.

Definitly a Hot Springs