Needing Input On Purchase

Batman

Okay, long-time lurker, first-time poster. You guys have some great opinions and I am finally biting the bullet to buy.

My local dealer selection is very limited. Hot Spring, Sundance, Caldera, Artesian and Jacuzzi. My ability to wet test is even more limited because most of these dealers have just a few floor models and even fewer available to test. Yes, I realize from reading here that wet testing is important but none of the models I am interested in are available to wet test.

My space is fairly tight and the wife wants a low profile unit, so here are the models I am considering:

Sundance Marin (probably our first choice right now, wife like air injector even though the forum does not)

Hot Spring Sovereign (pumps seem marginal but like the cool down seat and we have super dealer)

Caldera Martinique

Artesian Quail Ridge

Jacuzzi J460

The 30" Hydropool 575 intrigues me because it has a salt option and redwood cabinetry but with no local dealer and weak warranty I am inclined to nix this one.

The dealers all seem to make their brand the best and hint around about problems with other brands.

Any of you guys have any advice before I pull the trigger?

Okay, long-time lurker, first-time poster. You guys have some great opinions and I am finally biting the bullet to buy.

My local dealer selection is very limited. Hot Spring, Sundance, Caldera, Artesian and Jacuzzi. My ability to wet test is even more limited because most of these dealers have just a few floor models and even fewer available to test. Yes, I realize from reading here that wet testing is important but none of the models I am interested in are available to wet test.

My space is fairly tight and the wife wants a low profile unit, so here are the models I am considering:

Sundance Marin (probably our first choice right now, wife like air injector even though the forum does not)

Hot Spring Sovereign (pumps seem marginal but like the cool down seat and we have super dealer)

Caldera Martinique

Artesian Quail Ridge

Jacuzzi J460

The 30" Hydropool 575 intrigues me because it has a salt option and redwood cabinetry but with no local dealer and weak warranty I am inclined to nix this one.

The dealers all seem to make their brand the best and hint around about problems with other brands.

All I can you is Hotspring and Caldera are made by Watkins and Sundance is made by Jacuzzi. If it were me

Hotspring

sundance

jacuzzi

caldera

Can't place tha artesian, have never seen or worked on them

Caldera Martinique

Artesian Quail Ridge

Jacuzzi J460

I love my Sundance Hawthorne 6 person spa. All those manufactures mentioned are good. That being said, I would go with the best local dealer. You will need service someday and it is always good to establish a relationship with a local dealership that can service your spa repair needs. I have had excellent warranty followup with Sundance. Recently I had what they call "microcrazing" develop on the top and sides of my new Hawthorne. They are tiny lines that form under the clear coat that don't effect the integrity of the spa but, look bad when the sun light hits them at a certain angle. I had the spa for about 8 months and contacted my dealer who put me in touch with the Sundance Warranty Department. They told me that this problem is rare but, occasionally does happen but, not to worry, as it is covered under their warranty. They had me send them some digital pictures of the problem and quickly agreed to replace the whole spa at no charge to me; I only had to pay a reasonable delivery/hook-up fee to my local dealer. Sundance makes an excellent high-end spa and I have been very impressed with their service and would highly recommend Sundance spas to anyone. They really do stand behind their warranty!

John

All I can say is avoid the dealers that spend their time complaining about other brands, they must be worried about something. Find a dealer that will just give you the facts about the make they sell.

Also wet testing is a must in my opinion, and most others

After 14 years of owning our Hot Springs I can testify that our personal experience is good and Hot Springs seem to be well made to last a long time.

Funny to us that you say your local dealer is "limited" yet carrying five different brands for you to choose from - LOL! Many dealers carry only one brand.

We would recommend you look for a spa with a open seating plan - our Prodigy is pretty much an open square so people can sit most anywhere and be comfortable. So many spas seem to have rigidly defined seats and loungers which, in our experience, make the spa less comfortable.

We love our open area spa as we can plop down and sit almost anyway and anywhere in comfort.

I guess wet testing is a good thing - we didn't wet test ours - we just looked inside all the models and chose the one we have which was and is a perfect match for us. Sometimes one or two people can wet test and not get a true feel for spa seating comfort when more people are trying to use the spa at the same time.

Good Luck