Hot Tub Jet Removal

I have a 2004 Marquis 530Z hot tub. I bought the hot tub used and I am trying to remove some of the jets to clean them (they are extremely hard to turn). I was able to remove one of the jets by turning clockwise completely, gripping under the lip of the outer/top ring and then pulling out. The next 2 that I tried the same trick on did not come out so easily. When I pulled out the outer/top ring broke off the inner body leaving the lower stem still attached to the hot tub jet fitting. I then had to use two nails to disengage the little tabs that ride in the ring in the hot tub itself while I pulled out with a pair of pliers. So my question is this: How do I get these jets out without breaking them. I would really like to pull all of them out to clean them all.

The manual says the jets are HK 12 and HK 16 jets... couldn't find a picture of them online.

THanks in advance for any ideas.

I have a 2004 Marquis 530Z hot tub. I bought the hot tub used and I am trying to remove some of the jets to clean them (they are extremely hard to turn). I was able to remove one of the jets by turning clockwise completely, gripping under the lip of the outer/top ring and then pulling out. The next 2 that I tried the same trick on did not come out so easily. When I pulled out the outer/top ring broke off the inner body leaving the lower stem still attached to the hot tub jet fitting. I then had to use two nails to disengage the little tabs that ride in the ring in the hot tub itself while I pulled out with a pair of pliers. So my question is this: How do I get these jets out without breaking them. I would really like to pull all of them out to clean them all.

The manual says the jets are HK 12 and HK 16 jets... couldn't find a picture of them online.

Drain the tub and use a small amount of silicon based lubricant untill you have them all freed up. Turn them back an forth untill you can turn them freely. Then turn them all the way to the right (clockwise) to remove. Once you have them all removed soak them in vinager over night and rinse well the next day. Make sure to wipe off as much of the lubricant as you can.

Thank you for the response Roger:

With tremendous effort I am able to turn them all the way clockwise, but that does not actually pop them out. After the few that I have removed (and broken in the process) I found there to be a slot that extends from the ring outwards but it is narrower than the tab on the jets, so the jet does not actually pop out. The only thing I can surmise is that the narrow slot is to make it less difficult to pull the jets out, but pulling is really still required. Am I right on this, or am I still missing something?

Thanks!

Thank you for the response Roger:

With tremendous effort I am able to turn them all the way clockwise, but that does not actually pop them out. After the few that I have removed (and broken in the process) I found there to be a slot that extends from the ring outwards but it is narrower than the tab on the jets, so the jet does not actually pop out. The only thing I can surmise is that the narrow slot is to make it less difficult to pull the jets out, but pulling is really still required. Am I right on this, or am I still missing something?

Thanks!

If these are waterway jets, you should be turning them counter-clockwise to pop them out.

• 2 months later...

yes, that's what i've done when i experienced a pool removal problem. i never have the guts to do it myself because i knew there's more knowledgeable to perform such task.

• 2 years later...

My question is related but a little different.

I've got a generic spa so the brand is unknown.

I've got a leaking sidewall jet fitting. It is a right angle affair . Starting with what is probably a piece of 1/2" flex line that's glued in, the jet turns 90 degrees and reduces way down, in the turn, to like a 1/4" or so in the turn, before transitioning back up to a 1/2" or so where it enters the side wall from the backside.

It also accepts the small 1/4" clear line which t's into this fitting.

I see no obvious means of attachment like threads. I do see a lot of silicone underneath which must have held the fitting in place during assembly.

My question is how does one remove and replace this kind of fitting, esp when the brand is unknown.

Is it possible based on my description and the major reduction in the 90 degree turn, for an expert to tell what brand or type of fitting I'm dealing with?

Tips appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...