Jacuzzi Financial Status

bizdoc

This appeared in today's Wall Street Journal:

Just look at Moody's latest Bottom Rung list, which features the companies it views as most likely to default on debts. The buyout gang's all there: Univision, Harrah's Entertainment, Realogy Corp. and Jacuzzi Brands Corp. among others.

Not the most encouraging endorsement for Jacuzzi

Im not sure if Jacuzzi Brands is part of Apollo. The private equity group which owns Sandance & Jacuzzi

Correction its one in the same

About Jacuzzi Brands Corporation

Jacuzzi Brands Corp., (an Apollo Management L.P. affiliated portfolio company) through its subsidiaries, is a global manufacturer and distributor of high quality and innovative branded bath, plumbing and backyard products for the residential, commercial and institutional markets. Our product offerings include whirlpool baths, outdoor hot tubs, showers, sanitary ware, bath tubs, as well as fixtures and accessories. Our products are marketed under our portfolio of brand names, including the flagship JACUZZI® brand as well as SUNDANCE® and ASTRACAST®.

We ordered a jacuzzi 480 about a month ago.

I think ill call the dealer for a progress report

and see what he says. I hope this is not bad news on the horizon.

The main reason we went with jacuzzi was because it was a top brand,

and we really felt good about the dealer.

Hello all

ordered the 2009 480 February 14 was told 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Called to day for an update, was told another three to four weeks.

Reason for delay, new style stereo controls are not in to yet.

Are any other manufactures delaying there 2009 line ?

Being new to hot tubs and this forum is this a common accurance with a new model year?

Also i have been reading many posts on this board and noticed lots of repairer questions for all brands of tubs, but very few for jacuzzi. The posts for jacuzzi seem only for a price check or a comparison.

Is it that there are not many jacuzzi owners, or is this just a well built spa with out many problems?

However i do see many sundance posts. Being they are ouned by the same company and are built in the same factory sharing many of the same components why so few jacuzzi posts.

Thanks to all

Hello all

ordered the 2009 480 February 14 was told 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Called to day for an update, was told another three to four weeks.

Reason for delay, new style stereo controls are not in to yet.

Are any other manufactures delaying there 2009 line ?

Being new to hot tubs and this forum is this a common accurance with a new model year?

Also i have been reading many posts on this board and noticed lots of repairer questions for all brands of tubs, but very few for jacuzzi. The posts for jacuzzi seem only for a price check or a comparison.

Is it that there are not many jacuzzi owners, or is this just a well built spa with out many problems?

However i do see many sundance posts. Being they are ouned by the same company and are built in the same factory sharing many of the same components why so few jacuzzi posts.

Thanks to all

I don't believe its a common accurance to delay a new model year. I would suggest monitoring the situation very close....

I think the next 6-12months will be interesting times for Apollo Management L.P.in regards to Sandance & Jacuzzi.... Investors want to see returns not losses. No question the world economy is a factor.

Thanks to all

I've been wondering about that for several years - why certain brands show up on forums, and others don't. Also, there seem to be "running trends" - one manufacturer shows up for a while, and then others run for a while. I have two theories on this:

1) It's random. Our "sample size" on this forum is too small to accurately reflect the thousands upon thousands of spas that are sold every year.

2) Search engines. The average consumer does not know the names of any spa websites. Instead, they Google. so, if you're looking for "Jacuzzi spa prices" or "Sundance Spa repair" right now, chances are you're going to get some results for this particular forum instead of the other spa forums, which have different spa threads going now. When the search results turn up threads on this forum, they end up posting here too.

For example, Sundance does have a lot of threads going here right now, but other times it's other brands. The same is true for other spa web sites - if you look at all the other spa forums right now, they have different brands being researched.

As for spa quality, I don't think Sundance is necessarily any better or worse than Jacuzzi, when considering equivalent lines. However, I must admit that I'm biased, as I've been a happy Sundance owner for many years. On the other hand, if you look at the currrent threads about Sundance repairs on this forum, you'll see that many of these tubs are quite old (most seem to be in the 8-10 year range). I would think that most spas (like most cars, appliances, etc.) in that age range might need a few repairs now and again. My own Sundance tub is 9 or 10 years old now - it had a problem with one of the jets leaking a few years ago, but I got it fixed and it's been fine since. I would think that experience is somewhat typical for this level of spa.