Whats With The Filter Placement In Corners?

spa_newb

All of the bullfrog models place the filter in the corner. This seems foolish to me, as you lose a prime seat. I noticed many others do as well. whats the deal with this placement in prime real estate?

Most spas have them in the corners, It leave more room for equipment inside the cabinet and made the tub look more open. The spas with filters in the middle look closed in were the filter is and make a u shape seating around it. my opinion only

Is that it? I still don't see the benefits........To me the most obvious place for a filter is the side of the spa, which is supposedly not as good a seat as a corner to begin with.

It takes up less room in the spa seating area to have it in the corner so the tub can "seat more people"

Is that it? I still don't see the benefits........To me the most obvious place for a filter is the side of the spa, which is supposedly not as good a seat as a corner to begin with.

It takes up less room in the spa seating area to have it in the corner so the tub can "seat more people"

Really?

To me it seems reversed.

Doesn't this corner design from Bullfrog seem to cram everyone into the other sides more?

tb-462.jpg

vs this design from Sundance?

chelsee-big.jpg

both tubs above are 7'4" x 7'4". If I am ignorant please educate me, as I have not even sat in these before. Just looks like the side filter design is better to me.

Really?

To me it seems reversed.

Doesn't this corner design from Bullfrog seem to cram everyone into the other sides more?

tb-462.jpg

chelsee-big.jpg

both tubs above are 7'4" x 7'4". If I am ignorant please educate me, as I have not even sat in these before. Just looks like the side filter design is better to me.

And the foot massage looks better in the Sundance also!!

Didn't say i always agree, and the picture of the bullfrog has a lot of wasted seating to the left side, one whoole empty wall.

Depends on the model of the spa I guess. In this set up I agree the Sundance seems much more spacious.

Artesian makes some nice looking spas. IF you don't mind, how much do the Island series spas go for?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure. We paid 10K for the Piper Glen (which is Platnium Series) in 2006. We were quoted 8K for the Emerald which was in the Gold Class - the Emerald is the tub that is most like the Piper Glen. We didn't get prices on the Island Series. Sorry I can't help.

• 5 months later...
Didn't say i always agree, and the picture of the bullfrog has a lot of wasted seating to the left side, one whoole empty wall.

Depends on the model of the spa I guess. In this set up I agree the Sundance seems much more spacious.

Agree. That bullfrog layout would be nice if you mounted a flat screen over the top of the filter :P .

Just saw a clearwater (monte carlo i believe) with a similar layout. i walked right past it in the showroom.

Looks like you crank your neck while trying to hold a conversation with the person next to you. :wacko:

At least with the corner seating you could look the person in the eye while playing footsies.

me = drool over foot massagers.

I don't understand hot tubs that have filters in the corner seats.

I REALLY don't understand hot tubs that don't have enough foot jets.

You see, if you have even two "good" seats, that would imply two people sitting in them. People, for the most part, have two feet each. Thus, two good seats would require four good foot jets. If you want four "good" seats (i.e. lounges or captain's chairs), you would need EIGHT good foot jets.

And yet some manufacturers only put one or two foot jets in the whole spa.

If I had to guess, I would say that most people who get sore feet are ON their feet all day. This implies manual labor. Desk jockeys, on the other hand, don't get sore feet, but get sore shoulders from being hunched over a computer all day. People who sit at desks generally make more money and can afford hot tubs, while many manual laborers cannot.

I think it's unfair and biased! Equal treat for equal feet!

Hi,

Really?

To me it seems reversed.

tb-462.jpg

chelsee-big.jpg

I have wet tested one of the Sundance spas with the side filter. For me (a 6' tall and large guy) that side is completely wasted as I can not sit comfortably in either of those seats that flank the filter.

Basically as others have said, it all comes down to personal preference. If the filter area was smaller on the Sundance, then the seat fit might be better (for me). A shorter and skinnier person probably would not have as much of an issue.

Dale