Filter Cycle Question/help

Surfbeast

OK, this is probably a stupid question but the instructions for this older tub ( Dynasty Trevi ) are very vague and hard to understand. This is my question: The settings which are basic has a default time of 2 hours for filter duration and you can set he time anywhere from "0" to "12" hours. Is this the amount of time the unit runs in filter mode or is it the time it kicks on? i.e 12 hours set means it filters every 12 hours or does it mean it filters for 12 hours ? Makes no sense to me the way they phrased it.

Thanks.

Also, The tub just kicked off and was reading the overheat warning but the temp was only 104F I had just reset the temp to 80F a few minutes earlier because I wanted the water temp to cool down. The instructions say it only shuts off at 112F or 118 at the heater.

I'm going to shut it down and let it cool overnight and reset and try again from scratch tommorrow.

Sorry so long

As for the filter time, I don't know for sure. Does it have any other setting, such as a start time? I suspect the setting you are asking about is likely to be the duration of the filter cycle...it will run for 12 hours. Though, I am not completely sure of this.

As for the temp, it probably indicated an overheat warning because your set point was 80 while the actual water temp was 104. For some tubs, if the actual water temp is significantly more than the set point (perhaps 2 degrees or higher) it shuts down so it won't add any more heat to the water, since it is already greater than the set point. Running a pump does add heat to the water because of friction.

A lot of the units set the "start" times based on when you first powered on the unit. There is usually a reset button to change this to when you choose it. The new time is when you reset it.

The number you are setting is probably the number of hours to run during these filter times.

You may be getting the 104 overheat temperature since this is considered the maximum temperature for spa safety. I don't know why anyone would ever want 115 degrees!