Comments On The Arctic Spa Brand?

I think I have narrowed my search down to the Arctic spa. I like their design. My dealer is 70 miles away which does not make me happy, especially since I have 5 dealers who carry other brands right here in town. But like I said I like their design over the other brands.

What is your feedback on their design, cost, features over the other brands? What do you not like about this brand?

Thanx!

Steven

I think I have narrowed my search down to the Arctic spa. I like their design. My dealer is 70 miles away which does not make me happy, especially since I have 5 dealers who carry other brands right here in town. But like I said I like their design over the other brands.

What is your feedback on their design, cost, features over the other brands? What do you not like about this brand?

Thanx!

Steven

Try to get a Dimension One or Sundance

dont just go off of looks!!! if you are really making an educated purchase here you would actually look into company history etc!!! plus with the dealer being that far away then they are goin to charge alot of money for any service calls on the tub!!! look up what tub was the Reader Digest "Best Buy" five years in a row!!! then you know u have a good tub!!

Thanx!

Steven

They have a very good reputation and garantee... in the end if you like it, buy it. If it breaks within the first 5 years you are covered, after that it doesn't matter if it cost 25 or 50 dollars more to fix the tub you like the most.

There are 5 or 6 .. maybe 8 good makes out there and Arctic is one of them.

Bottom line is , if you smile when you soak in it, it's a good choice. :rolleyes:

Thanx!

Steven

The only thing I do not like about Artic is the damn wood besides that I love the design and jet location and how efficient and strong the shell is.

Try to get a Dimension One or Sundance

Where the heck did that come from?

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I do not like about Artic is the damn wood besides that I love the design and jet location and how efficient and strong the shell is.

Where the heck did that come from?

Damn Wood??? hmm plastic is so beautiful, you must have a nice dining room set lol, cmon, a little care and western red cedar is going to look awsome, not to be biased but i bought a tundra that i get on tuesday, I have a cedar fence so it matches the decor, if you really are a wood hater they have other options.

Glenn

They have a very good reputation and garantee... in the end if you like it, buy it. If it breaks within the first 5 years you are covered, after that it doesn't matter if it cost 25 or 50 dollars more to fix the tub you like the most.

There are 5 or 6 .. maybe 8 good makes out there and Arctic is one of them.

Bottom line is , if you smile when you soak in it, it's a good choice. :rolleyes:

Ditto

Thanx!

Steven

I'm a newcomer to this site and just read your question. My wife and I (suburban Chicago) are also in the market for a new spa. I am a very conscientious buyer (what with the costs of these things) and have done quite a bit of research on about 15 mfgs and wet tested about 8 different models. We have narrowed our search now down to 4 which includes Arctic. We haven't wet tested it yet, but we like the design of the Tundra except for the fact they don't offer a center foot jet dome. Did you buy yours yet and if so has it been delivered and have you been in it yet? How do you like it? Can the Summit seat 6? It doesn't look like it unless people cross over each other with their legs. Does it come with any foot jets ? If you haven't bought it yet, did you ever look at Artesians', Vitas', or Barefoots? Those are the other 3 on our list. The Platinum Class of Artesian has 5 pumps with every seat having totally individual controls. Very cool and the only spa in the market that I know of with that feature! Plus, foot jets and a volcano which feels great on the feet. Anyway, that's our layman take on the market. A lot of the big brand name companies seem to charge a lot more for a lot less jets (which is important to us). By the way, are you in the Northwoods of MI, WI, or MN. We have a summer home in Rhinelander, WI.

dont just go off of looks!!! if you are really making an educated purchase here you would actually look into company history etc!!! plus with the dealer being that far away then they are goin to charge alot of money for any service calls on the tub!!! look up what tub was the Reader Digest "Best Buy" five years in a row!!! then you know u have a good tub!!

There is no test of any spas side by side by any consumer organization. It is all paid for advertising and it stinks.

I'm a newcomer to this site and just read your question. My wife and I (suburban Chicago) are also in the market for a new spa. I am a very conscientious buyer (what with the costs of these things) and have done quite a bit of research on about 15 mfgs and wet tested about 8 different models. We have narrowed our search now down to 4 which includes Arctic. We haven't wet tested it yet, but we like the design of the Tundra except for the fact they don't offer a center foot jet dome. Did you buy yours yet and if so has it been delivered and have you been in it yet? How do you like it? Can the Summit seat 6? It doesn't look like it unless people cross over each other with their legs. Does it come with any foot jets ? If you haven't bought it yet, did you ever look at Artesians', Vitas', or Barefoots? Those are the other 3 on our list. The Platinum Class of Artesian has 5 pumps with every seat having totally individual controls. Very cool and the only spa in the market that I know of with that feature! Plus, foot jets and a volcano which feels great on the feet. Anyway, that's our layman take on the market. A lot of the big brand name companies seem to charge a lot more for a lot less jets (which is important to us). By the way, are you in the Northwoods of MI, WI, or MN. We have a summer home in Rhinelander, WI.

Northwoods of Minnesota!

I purchased a Summit Ultra, and should take delivery of it in aprox 4 weeks. I will let you know how I enjoy it!

Steven

Another satisfied Arctic user in the making...

BTW, one of the reasons I bought an Arctic tub WAS the red cedar option! Of course, I like clapboards instead of vinyl siding, too. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

One more thing to consider: why buy a product made in another country when you can buy a great spa made in the U.S.A. ?

I agree wholeheartedly with buying American. I have never purchased a "foreign-made" vehicle (although the lines of foreign vs. domestic are blurring since many "domestics" are made outside the US and "foreigns" are made here. But isn't Canada a suburb of the US anyway? They speak our language (for the most part) and they usually are friendly with us! In all seriousness, that played a factor in my decision, but I just thought the Arctic was unique enough and well built to give them my business.

One more thing to consider: why buy a product made in another country when you can buy a great spa made in the U.S.A. ?

Now thats being a good neighbour, bet you never shop at walmart, start looking around the house how much is made in china, the people that make the most money in the deal is the dealer, the dealer is in the USA than thats who your supporting, he has to look after you so you must feel comfortable that he is able to.

I have no problems buying non US. If the US companies can't compete it is their own fault. I liked the Arctic Spa except it just wasn't comfortable and they are a little high priced. I also wanted foot jets, and I love my Volcano dome foot jets. Get what feels good to you, don't believe these "Best Buy" guides, you can get a good rating in those magazine if you run an Ad in thier magazine, no real testing there.

Okay, to each his own. Shop at walmart and buy chinese, or don't (like me). Personally, I don't care if the other country is China or France or Mexico or Canada--I'd rather spend a few dollars more and keep the jobs in the states.

Just saying that there are plenty good products to buy from the U.S. and, if you are down to just a coin toss between two products (or if the techno mumbo jumbo about FF versus TP doesn't bore you to death), then buy the American one.

Okay, back to TP versus FF...

Okay, to each his own. Shop at walmart and buy chinese, or don't (like me). Personally, I don't care if the other country is China or France or Mexico or Canada--I'd rather spend a few dollars more and keep the jobs in the states.

Just saying that there are plenty good products to buy from the U.S. and, if you are down to just a coin toss between two products (or if the techno mumbo jumbo about FF versus TP doesn't bore you to death), then buy the American one.

Okay, back to TP versus FF...

I think the discussion of TP vs. FF is far over-debated. Each has their own place. You eat your French Fries, and later you use the Toilet Paper. :P

Thanx!

Steven

Arctic spas are strongly made products, but are noted for being uncomfortable. They need to get a good shell designer that understands comfort.

One of my customers went from Canada to Tonawanda New York and tested a Haven Fallsburg at the customer's home.

This was several years ago, and the exchange rate was very high for Canadians to buy a quality spa from the US.

I told him to look at the Arctic spas, made in Canada, because they are about the only competition we have in the world for quality construction and ethics.

He wound up buying an Arctic spa for about 10K Canadian. Our spa was about $16K Canadian at the time.

He got a one year satisfaction guarantee, because he was considering our Haven Spa.

The problem was that he had already had a wet test in the Haven Fallsburg. There was no way the Arctic was going to satisfy him. His wife was constantly reminding him of the difference, because she could not use the lounge at all in the Arctic.

Eventually he got his money back and called me. He now has a Haven Super Custom Fallsburg and has been a great reference for our products and our service.

Once you try the best, there is no denying it.

Arctic is a good second best, but it is about 4 steps down in a scale of 1 to 10. The rest of the spas are pretty weak from 4 on down.

By the way if you want to talk to Rick in Canada, I will give you his email and phone number. He has graciously told us to let any one contact him about his spa shopping. He also has a degree in physics and engineering. It is more than just an issue with insulation. It is the whole design.

Arctic spas are strongly made products, but are noted for being uncomfortable. They need to get a good shell designer that understands comfort.

One of my customers went from Canada to Tonawanda New York and tested a Haven Fallsburg at the customer's home.

This was several years ago, and the exchange rate was very high for Canadians to buy a quality spa from the US.

I told him to look at the Arctic spas, made in Canada, because they are about the only competition we have in the world for quality construction and ethics.

He wound up buying an Arctic spa for about 10K Canadian. Our spa was about $16K Canadian at the time.

He got a one year satisfaction guarantee, because he was considering our Haven Spa.

The problem was that he had already had a wet test in the Haven Fallsburg. There was no way the Arctic was going to satisfy him. His wife was constantly reminding him of the difference, because she could not use the lounge at all in the Arctic.

Eventually he got his money back and called me. He now has a Haven Super Custom Fallsburg and has been a great reference for our products and our service.

Once you try the best, there is no denying it.

Arctic is a good second best, but it is about 4 steps down in a scale of 1 to 10. The rest of the spas are pretty weak from 4 on down.

By the way if you want to talk to Rick in Canada, I will give you his email and phone number. He has graciously told us to let any one contact him about his spa shopping. He also has a degree in physics and engineering. It is more than just an issue with insulation. It is the whole design.

Ricks opinion or yours should be considered only as much as any other opinion, neither of the mentioned brands may be right for alot of people and there are several other brands that might fit the bill perfectly and perform better for alot of people. And that is obviously whats happening.