Equipment Quality Question

ebod

I am remodeling my house. As part of the remodel, we're going to resurface our existing pool (scrape the plaster to the gunite and do new plaster), add a spa (in ground gunite/plaster) and replace our equipment (except for the heater which is pretty new).

My general contractor (whom I trust very much) has a pool builder he likes to use. The pool builder wants to use Jandy equipment. Is Jandy a high end/good brand? Do I need to be wary of someone who wants to use Jandy?

Also, the pool builder is recommending a cartridge filter. I've heard that DE is better (at least in terms of filtration and clarity, if not maintenance). The pool builder says that, while DE may filter better, it's getting hard to use DE where I live (LA, CA). Apparently, the city doesn't like people cleaning the DE filters. Is this concern true. If it's just a pain to clean DE in the city but it's otherwise OK per code, should I ask for a DE instead?

For what it's worth, my pool is used frequently by my kids and dog (retriever--she sheds) in the summer and not at all in the winter.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions

I only sell Jandy....part for part they knock the socks off of anything Pentair can throw at em...

push for the de filter but if your city really wont allow it, go with the cartridge....the cartridge just takes longer to clean than it would to backwash a de filter

• 3 weeks later...