There's a new spa at Costco

Silverfish

That is CalSpa.

California Acrylic Industries Inc.

I wonder why they don't want to put their name on it?

B)

New Spa at Costco

There's a new spa at Costco. http://hottubsoc.com/default.aspx

Just saw it today. Looks really nice. Sadly, it doesn't come with the $5K wet test.

So, you can only pay them $4599.

Made by a company called "OC". Don't know anything about them.

Thats a Cal through and through. The Funny thing is Silverfish you can buy a similar spa or bigger from Cal for the same price and better warranty. The Family Fun series and Victory are quite similar and they are a Starter series nothing more. So Sadly there is no 5k bump to bitch about.

Calspa Victory series

Looks pretty similar.

New Spa at Costco

Just saw it today. Looks really nice. Sadly, it doesn't come with the $5K wet test.

I think it looks real good. Full Foam,Two arm rest on the lounger and at 39.5"s deep :o it will keep you under the warm water.Does 4599. include shipping??

Does 4599. include shipping??

I don't know for sure, but most big box retailers only drop it on the driveway, if anything. You can sometimes hand the driver some extra cash to move it around the back and lay it down, but that is not quite the same as hiring a professional spa mover, which is exactly what the OCSpa web site says you should do.

In fact there is even a paragraph about what type of vehicle to bring to the retailer, and a note that you should keep it in the same orientation that it shipped in as you drive it home. Here is the quote:

Transporting Your Spa from the Store to Your Home

Note: OC Hot Tubs recommends you hire professional spa movers to transport your hot tub. They have the knowledge and experience to anticipate any obstacles and how to handle them. Spas weigh several hundred pounds without water. If you attempt to move your spa yourself, it is at your own risk.

When picking up your spa from your retailer, it is recommended you arrive with a flatbed truck that is equipped with a lift-gate. It is also important to transport your spa in the same orientation as it is packaged to minimize damage. Since this will increase the profile of your vehicle, ensure your hot tub is securely fastened to the bed before traveling.

HTH

B)

It is also important to transport your spa in the same orientation as it is packaged to minimize damage.

HTH

B)

So dealers "repack" the spa you bought as a floor model to deliver it to you :lol: Ive seen different.

How do the spas get to the dealer?

I think it looks real good. Full Foam,Two arm rest on the lounger and at 39.5"s deep :o it will keep you under the warm water.Does 4599. include shipping??

I forgot :mellow: 3 to 5" thick cover :o It looks good for a mail order tub.

So dealers "repack" the spa you bought as a floor model to deliver it to you :lol: Ive seen different.

I can only answer for the tubs I have handled: they are factory wrapped and loaded onto my flatbed truck and trailer at the manufacturer. I store them in a warehouse or transfer them directly onto the delivery trailer as needed. From there they go to the customer's back yard and get unwrapped and filled for the first time since leaving the factory.

I do sell some floor models, but only when there is a model change, color change or if the customer wants the floor model due to a scheduling issue or what have you. But most of my floor models come on the floor at the beginning of the year and go out the following year. The customer is fully aware that they are getting a floor model when they do so.

Did I answer the question?

B)

I can only answer for the tubs I have handled: they are factory wrapped and loaded onto my flatbed truck and trailer at the manufacturer. I store them in a warehouse or transfer them directly onto the delivery trailer as needed. From there they go to the customer's back yard and get unwrapped and filled for the first time since leaving the factory.

I do sell some floor models, but only when there is a model change, color change or if the customer wants the floor model due to a scheduling issue or what have you. But most of my floor models come on the floor at the beginning of the year and go out the following year. The customer is fully aware that they are getting a floor model when they do so.

Did I answer the question?

B)

Yes Thank you.

John

New Spa at Costco

Thats a Cal through and through. The Funny thing is Silverfish you can buy a similar spa or bigger from Cal for the same price and better warranty. The Family Fun series and Victory are quite similar and they are a Starter series nothing more. So Sadly there is no 5k bump to bitch about.

Calspa Victory series

Looks pretty similar.

Your not accurate as the Victory series spa has lesser quality non 56 fram pumps and less power so not exactly the same equipment. The last time I looked at the Victory series it would have been at least three thousand more to get it optioned out then the one listed at Costco. Otherwise, why the heck would Costco waste their time selling it at the same price? They wouldnt! Also Cosctco offers a unlimited return policy on spas purcased through them so I dont see the dealer offering that either.

Your not accurate as the Victory series spa has lesser quality non 56 fram pumps and less power so not exactly the same equipment. The last time I looked at the Victory series it would have been at least three thousand more to get it optioned out then the one listed at Costco. Otherwise, why the heck would Costco waste their time selling it at the same price? They wouldnt! Also Cosctco offers a unlimited return policy on spas purcased through them so I dont see the dealer offering that either.

Here he goes again!

Looks pretty similar.

Your not accurate as the Victory series spa has lesser quality non 56 fram pumps and less power so not exactly the same equipment.

Soaker - please take care in calling others wrong. It is very hard to do so with grace and not come across as attacking. Feel free to continue to post your opinions, but kindly refrain from labeling others as wrong if they disagree.

For example - Pathfinder simply said the spas look pretty similar. See quote above. I don't think that the type or size of pumps were within the scope of what he was posting about, so I don't really think he is 'not accurate.' They do look similar.

B)

Here he goes again!

What is the price of the Victory spa with the synthetic shell, 24 hour circ pump, larger dual pumps, 5" 3" taper ect?

Anyone here that has seriously looked at a Victory series by Cal will attest to the quickly escalating cost of the spa. The full foam is not a standard on the Victory series but a option that drives the price yet even higher. I was impressed that the Cal Spa dealer that is near me actually had prices clearly marked on the spas for the base price as well as popular upgrade option packages clearly marked. That was a nice surprise! Make no mistake though that a spa that list for say ..$3500.00 Victory series will go up quickly when you add a $350.00 delivery, $200.00 cover upgrade, $300.00 full foam option , Stainless Steel jets $100.00 let alone a radio for $500.00, you get the idea and we haven't yet added a 24 hour circ pump, microban synthetic siding and the list goes on much higher! The Costco/ Cal Spa is a great bargain when you trully compare apples to apples and the only way to know that for sure is to visit your locale Cal dealer and build a Victory spa to mach the Costco/Cal spec for spec and add all options.

Good luck in your spa search but know with Costco you have a very good benchmark to work from price wise. Use that to see what the local dealers have to offer for a comparable spa. Judge for yourself dollar for dollar which spa to buy as the salesman is done as soon the contact is signed.